22 July – HOY Update
As you are aware new event management has been appointed for Horse of the Year. However they have yet to make an appointment for the Equestrian Director, and until they do, RAS’s hands are tied. We cannot confirm times, dates, qualification forms or schedules until we have spoken directly to the Equestrian Director. We are continuing to work quietly behind the scenes and when possible we will place updates and any other information on the website.
7 July 2015 Equestrian Rule Change Notification – Stallions & Colts at A&P Shows/Events
CDE 14. STALLIONS and COLTS
- All stallions and colts (with the exception of Miniature horses and foals) must be shown in a bit.
- A Steward will order any stallion/colt considered out of control or to be causing undue disquiet to other horses from the ring without recourse from the stallion/colt’s owner/exhibitor/competitor.
- It is compulsory for all stallions and colts, except foals, to wear two (2) official ‘S” identification badges, one attached to each side of their bridle, at all Shows/Events at all times. The rider must also wear two RAS official (2) armbands (one on each arm) when in the ring. ‘S’ badges to be purchased from RAS Head Office or ESNZ; armbands from RAS Head Office.
- Handlers and Riders of stallions/colts must wear an approved Hi Viz vest at Shows/Events when outside the showing ring. Vests can be purchased from RAS Head Office.
6 July 2015 Equestrian Rule Change Notification – Age of Riders
CDE 11. AGE OF RIDERS & HANDLERS
- Rider/Handler’s age and eligibility is determined as per the 1 August i.e. Riders/handlers who are of age for any division/section on the 1 August complete the show year/ season in that division/section.
- Lead Rein classes are restricted to riders under eight (8) years of age with a minimum age of four (4) years, who are not competing in any other sections at any A&P Show/Event. To be led by an attendant fourteen (14) years of age or over.
- First Ridden classes are restricted to riders under ten (10) years of age, who are not competing in any other sections at any A&P Show/Event.
- Novice pony exhibits (except Novice Pony Stallions) may be ridden by a rider of any age.
- Novice pony stallions must be led or ridden by a rider fourteen (14) years and over.
- Open pony exhibits (also see CDE 12 h) must be ridden by riders under seventeen (17) years of age.
- Open pony stallions must be ridden by a rider fourteen (14), or fifteen (15), or sixteen (16) years of age, led handlers must be fourteen (14) years and over.
- Riders in horse rings (exhibits over 148cm) must be twelve (12) years and over.
- Stallions over 148cm must be led or ridden by a rider seventeen (17) years of age or older.
10 May 2015 – HOY Qualifiers for Werribee
Congratulations to the winners of the following classes at HOY. These riders/horses/ponies are eligible to compete at Werribee. As the RAS does not collate or process the entries or results for HOY, we do not have access to the contact details of the winners; however by posting this on the RAS website, we hope it will be brought to the applicable people’s attention.
To date there has been no formal process for forming a team. Individuals have either grouped together or gone over on their own initiative. The RAS is investigating the possibilities of a support structure for the future; however it is not available at present. We wish all the qualifiers that choose to go over, the best of luck and offer support in forwarding on any information that comes to hand.
At this time there is no further information from Werribee but when it becomes available, a notice will be placed on the RAS website.
Class 336 Senior Rider over 21 years
Class 337 Show Pony 128cm
Class 338 Show Pony 138cm
Class 339 Show Pony 148cm (In Australia this Pony qualifies for the Small Galloway Classification)
Class 340 Rider 15-21 years
Class 344 Saddle Hunter Pony 128cm
Class 345 Saddle Hunter Pony 138cm
Class 346 Saddle Hunter Pony 148cm (In Australia this Pony qualifies for the Small Galloway Show Hunter)
Class 350 Lead Rein Pony Rider
Class 362 Lead Rein Pony of the Year
Class 363 First Year Ridden Pony Rider
Class 355 First Ridden Pony
Class 367 Saddle Hunter
Class 358 Park Hack (Depending on the height of the winner this horse might qualify for the large galloway or hack category in Australia)
Class 360 Hack
Class 361 Junior Rider 12 years & under
Class 362 Intermediate Rider 13-16